Scholes Insurance was established in 2006 by Jenny Scholes. The agency has roots in Denver dating back 48 years to the formation of The Terry Scholes Agency in 1966. Our team provides risk management advisory services and carefully crafted solutions to meet the unique risk profile of discerning individuals, families and businesses. We pride ourselves on our reputation as a leading insurance provider offering superior and efficient personalized service. Scholes Insurance is committed to the Denver community and promotes a culture of community involvement.
Principal and Founder
In 2006, Jenny Scholes founded Scholes Insurance. Jenny specializes in the affluent personal insurance marketplace and enjoys working with families and businesses in an advisory role. Jenny is a Denver native and graduate of Emory University, where she earned her degree in Economics. She is passionate in her commitment to the local community and serves on various boards. She is an avid runner, traveler and loves supporting and sharing in her children’s passion for sports.
Community Involvements includes:
- Girls on the Run of the Rockies – 2021 new board member
- Level One Society of the Denver Health Foundation – Board Member, 2006-2011
- VP of Communications for Kappa Alpha Theta Denver Alumnae Chapter which supports the national philanthropy, C.A.S.A. (Court Appointed Special Advocates).
- Arthritis Foundation Gala – Committee Member, 2011 Gala planning
- Key to the Cure – Event Planning Committee, 2006 – 2008
- Young Camerata of Central City Opera House Association Guild – Co-Founded a young professional group
- Denver Hospice Mask Project – Young Professionals Committee, 2007
As a financial consultant, Terry is recognized as a top senior Planning Advisor. He has the honor of working with many individuals who have a particular focus on the preservation of wealth. Terry is committed to achieving the following objectives for his clients: maximum yield with minimum risk; safety of assets; protection of life savings from catastrophic illness; and reduction of taxes. Terry is dedicated to establishing long-term relationships based on trust, credibility and confidence. He enjoys golf, spectator sports and travel in USA and abroad.
Mr. Scholes Community Involvements includes:
- Central City Opera Board
- Cystic Fibrosis Board
- Denver Health Board – Terry was Past Chairman
- Colorado Prevention Center Board – Terry was Past Chairman
- Marion Downs Hearing Center Board
- Heart Committee Gala Chairman
- Founder of Zahdahlia House, a home for abused girls, 1984
- Patients Advisory Committee-Colorado Medical Society
- Mental Health Committee-Denver Medical Society
- Parkinson’s Committee Gala Chairman
Customer Service Specialist
Brenda joined Scholes Insurance in 2014 after graduating from CU Denver with a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. As a seasoned client service specialist, Brenda provides a high level of client service and risk analysis. She is a dedicated mother of three and enjoys soccer both on and off the field. Brenda is the bass guitarist in a Spanish Rock Band, “Izcalli.”